Flexible Relationships vs Loop Field Groups vs Repeatable Fields
- Flexible Relationships are available in Pods 2.7+
- Allows you to add and edit related items directly from the form you’re in
- Repeatable Fields are coming in Pods 2.9
- Allows you to make a single field have multiple values.
- Loop Field Groups are coming in Pods 3.0
- Allows you to create groups of custom fields that can be repeated.
Compare Flexible Relationships to Loop Field Groups to Repeatable Fields
|Can add new|
|Can edit existing|
|Can delete||Can only remove from list|
|Shared data between items|
|Searchable||Custom SQL required|
|Sortable||Custom PHP required|
|Easily change to field type|
|DB Storage||Stored in related object's fields||One large array of all field data per item||Stored in separate extra rows|